*Data Centre Services / IT Technician opportunity involving hardware, server, cabling support for customers - Edinburgh*
Pulsant is a market leading company - providing ultra-reliable, flexible managed hosting, services and colocation to businesses nationwide.
With c350 staff based in several locations around the UK and customers across numerous business sectors, we offer a first class, fun working environment.
We are seeking a Data Centre Service Engineer to support our Data Centres in South Gyle and Newbridge. You will be responsible for data centre support to external and internal customers, assisting with server, networking and hardware problems and standard change requests via phone, email and fax. Supporting DC capacity, layout and Rack Deployment, Cabling and other facilities activities.
Working on shifts, your key responsibilities will be:
- The deployment of customer solutions to plans provided by Provisioning and project teams
- The deployment of racks and related equipment to support customer orders.
- Provide expert cabling support including crimping, patching, labelling, running and terminating.
- Manage all incoming calls, tickets, emails and faxes to the data centre services function.
Background, experience and skills required:
- Some basic experience working in IT, telecoms, cabling or in a similar role.
- Background in providing high levels of customer service in an IT or similar industry.
- Computer hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Hardware, builds / swap outs, desktops, servers, data and power cabling, rack systems etc.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts.
In addition to a great salary and the opportunity to work in a fantastic team focused work environment, we offer:
- Market leading training
- Private Healthcare
- Company Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pulsant Rewards
- Free breakfast & snacks
Apply today for a full job description