* DC Services Engineer role - Maidenhead *
Responsible for data centre support to external and internal customers, assisting with server, networking and hardware problems and standard change requests via phone, email and fax. Supporting DC capacity, layout and Rack Deployment, Cabling and other facilities activities. Delivering these responsibilities across two geographic locations (Maidenhead and Reading)
• Respond to customers within agreed SLA.
• Delivery of intelligent remote hands for customers within SLA.
• The deployment of customer solutions to plans provided by Provisioning teams
• The deployment of racks and related equipment to support customer orders.
• Manage all incoming calls, tickets, emails and faxes to the data centre services function.
• Responsible for proactive updating of customer and resolution of service.
• Follow escalation processes; tickets to support management and other teams as required.
Skills & Experience
• Experience working as a Data Centre Services Engineer, or in a similar role.
• Experience providing high levels of customer service in an IT or similar industry.
• Computer hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Hardware, builds / swap outs, desktops, servers, data and power cabling, rack systems etc.
• Good knowledge and understanding of cabling.
• Good knowledge and understanding of troubleshooting.
• Understanding of basic networking concepts.