HR Business Partner - based Newcastle - This is a truly exciting opportunity for an HR professional to join the team as we drive forward through major growth, cultural & talent development.
The HR Business Partner will provide both strategic and hands on generalist HR services for key areas of our business as well as being responsible for driving high profile cross functional projects. You will work with the wider HR team and Senior Leadership teams to ensure effective solutions and services are delivered across our business.
You will regularly work across a wide range of areas such as employee relations, change management, performance management, compensation, recruitment, talent management and retention programmes. Utilising your strong understanding of current and future industry trends to identify relevant tools, suppliers and initiatives to help achieve our HR and organisational goals.
- Work closely with the Chief People Officer to implement and deliver the HR plans
- Create trusted relationships with leaders across your area of responsibility
- Engage closely with the business teams you support in order to maintain a stable BAU environment and to drive continued improvement profitable growth in line with the business plan.
- Support the implementation of the HR strategy for the assigned business areas, including; capability, employee engagement and talent initiatives in order to support the drive of business performance.
- Take ownership of projects as they arise
- Provide sound advice to functional business leaders on all HR issues such as reward, talent, performance, organisation development, change, culture and leadership.
- Identify, develop and successfully deliver client responsive, cost effective and measurable solutions
- Create a cohesive and effective partnership with aligned HR functional leaders and HR support teams in order to ensure excellent HR service delivery for colleagues
- Identify and consider the need for change and facilitate the formulation of change plans from the HR and Business perspective
- Champion Diversity & Inclusion agenda
Skills & Experience
- In depth HR experience (generalist, specialist, and in client-facing roles preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to consult, influence, and partner with senior leaders in developing and executing people strategies to drive business performance
- Ability to provide healthy challenge to functional leaders to ensure we are acting in the best interests of our people and our business
- Demonstrated relationship and stakeholder management skills at all levels of the organisation
- Strong business management, commercial and financial acumen
- Experience managing projects and working in a matrix organisation
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex HR issues
- Ability to consult on the application of HR policy and processes
- Ability to facilitate talent development sessions for all levels of the organisation
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of Inclusion and Diversity Programmes