This is a senior leadership role within Pulsant, the purpose of which is to fully own the commercial performance of our core solution portfolio, leading and developing a team of Product Managers to drive both top line and margin growth.
Within this framework you’ll be taking ownership of product strategy and plans, portfolio optimisation programmes, and roadmaps across the portfolio. You’ll be the champion of and able to inspire confidence in the portfolio to both external audiences (clients, industry analysts) and internal stakeholder groups including our Sales organisation.
You will lead and drive a series of programmes relating to product management and development which will require communicating with a large and varied stakeholder group including our Executive Team on a regular basis.
You will also need to keep an eye on the broader picture, as we transform our services, products and platforms, to ensure strategic fit for the current and future client base.
In this role you would be accountable for the commercial performance of the solution portfolio, and your key responsibilities would include:
- Managing and motivating a specialist team of Product Managers, ensuring they own and drive the necessary activities in line with their market focus area.
- Defining portfolio strategy by leading cross functional teams to understand overall market trends and direction, the needs of our target markets, and then creating and articulating product plans, associated investment cases, and public facing roadmaps to meet these demands.
- Support the CTO in presentation of plans & investment cases to the Executive team and shareholders
- Lead both the Product team and other stakeholders through product lifecycle management process from the creation of market requirements and user stories and defining minimum viable product, through to optimisation of in life products via regular cross business product reviews, and proactively managing product end of sale, retirements and upgrades.
- Lead, develop and maintain relationships with strategic technology vendors with a view to improving commercial performance
- Work with the Pulsant Sales and Marketing teams to create a differentiated value proposition to suit our target sectors and with them define and execute go to market strategy.
- Lead client user groups as needed, and become the spokesperson representing the portfolio to the wider market and to key vendors.
- Managing the roadmap of commercially impactful product enhancements, defining successful outcomes and working with Product teams to optimize value delivery
Skills & Experience
- A track record in optimising product portfolio commercial performance
- Proven experience of leading a high performance team of product managers
- Demonstrable track record within an IT managed service provider, telecoms operator, or relevant technology vendor
- Experience in defining product strategy and preparing associated investment cases
- Proven track record of leading programmes of work across multi disciplinary product management and engineering team
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products and services to market