* Service Desk Engineers required for IT services company in Edinburgh - Linux or Windows experience required - based South Gyle*
Pulsant is a market leading company - providing ultra-reliable, flexible managed services to businesses nationwide.
With c400 staff based in several locations around the UK, we offer a first class, fun working environment.
We are seeking a technical support professional whose role it will be to provide high level remote and onsite IT technical liaison, end user support and network administration to our customers, with responsibility for the full lifecycle of incidents and problems. The position will require close working with all team in all levels of technical support and engineering.
• To resolve incidents and problems both directly from customers and through technical escalation
• To use existing skills and knowledge as well as appropriate support resources to identify resolutions to customer incidents
• To implement fixes and solutions where appropriate either via discussing directly with customer, via email, via remote control or onsite
• To administer customer networks as part of managed services provision
• To provide proactive problem management though checking manufacture websites
Skills and Experience
• Vast experience working in either 1st or 2nd line IT support
• Vast experience in a customer facing environment
• Exposure to and hands on experience of working within an IT service provider environment
• Good understanding of Microsoft products. Basic experience of servers - preferably in Linux / Cisco and how they operate
• Basic understanding of ISO/BSI and ITIL frameworks
• Basic understanding of working with Service Level Agreements
Please note - Shift work may be required.
Job Type: Full-time