* 2nd line Technical Support Engineer role - Microsoft - Edinburgh or Newcastle based *
Pulsant is a leading UK provider of hybrid cloud solutions, expert colocation and infrastructure services across several key industry sectors.
We have big ambitions for the future – and want to speak to the right people with the right energy and values to take us there.
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our busy 2nd line team.
Your role will be to provide 2nd line technical support working as part of technical team to provide high level remote and onsite IT technical liaison. Providing software and hardware support as well as project support to our customers, with responsibility for the full lifecycle of incidents and problems. The position will require close working with all team in all levels of technical support and engineering.
* To resolve incidents and problems both directly from customers and through technical escalation
* To use existing skills and knowledge as well as appropriate support resources to identify resolutions to customer incidents
* To implement fixes and solutions where appropriate either via discussing directly with customer, via email, via remote control or onsite
* To upgrade hardware components and firmware
* To adhere to contract specific Service Level Agreements
Skills, Background & Experience
In addition to the opportunity to be based in our new offices - and developing your technical skills - you will benefit from a great salary, bonus, pension, private health care, free breakfasts and a fantastic team focussed work environment.