* Tech support role focussing on back ups and patching - Veeam skills preferred. *
Pulsant is a leading UK provider of hybrid cloud solutions, expert colocation and infrastructure services across several key industry sectors.
We have big ambitions for the future – and want to speak to the right people with the right energy and values to take us there.
We are seeking additional team members for the technical support team. The purpose of the 2ndLine support team is to act as an escalation point for Pulsant Service Desks and well as to liaise with the 3rdLine support teams to maximise availability of services and to ensure that requests and incidents are dealt with professionally and quickly, continually improving customer response, resolution and service availability.
This is a customer facing role and as such, excellent communication and service ethos is mandatory.
Your role will be:
- To resolve incidents and problems both directly from customers and through technical escalation
- Respond to requests and execute changes
- Respond to each ticket within the agreed Response SLA
- Quickly escalate tickets that cannot be resolved to the appropriate customer support team in line with Pulsant support processes
Skills and Experience
- Usage of backup products: ideally Veeam
- Knowledge of configuring and using backups in shared infrastructure environments (Cloud hosting ideally)
- Experience of installing, configuring and troubleshooting backup and restore problems.
- Knowledge of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, TCP
- Good understanding of a combination of the following:
- Microsoft OS & related Products
- VMware (ESXi/vSphere)
- Citrix / Virtual Desktop / SQL
- Basic understanding of ISO/BSI and ITIL frameworks
- Common firewall principles and implementations – both hardware and software
- Basic understanding of working with Service Level Agreements
In addition to the opportunity to be based in our new offices in Team Valley (albeit currently working remotely) - and developing your technical skills - you will benefit from a great salary, bonus, pension, private health care, free breakfasts and a fantastic team focussed work environment.
We have a commitment to building inclusive workplaces; we value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.