*Great network focussed role for IT / networking engineer, Edinburgh *
Pulsant is a leading UK provider of hybrid cloud solutions, expert colocation and infrastructure services across several key industry sectors.
We have big ambitions for the future – and want to speak to the right people with the right energy and values to take us there.
We are currently seeking a network focussed technical support professional whose role it will be to provide an expert service to customers and stakeholders. Your role will be to:
• Plan, conduct and execute effective Disaster Recovery plans utilising industry standards and bespoke Linux based image deployment security and VoIP systems
• Own delivery of the customer testing process end to end providing expert technical support for clients during testing and invocation
• Maintain operational effectiveness of WPR sites including all PC / Server and Network hardware infrastructure and cabling, Security and Voice architecture
• Maintain Pulsant VoIP administration for WPR sites using Asterisk based Elastix systems
• Be responsible for Pulsant LAN administration for WPR sites built on Cisco vlan architecture and Linux networking technologies
• Document customer client / server and telephony recovery plans and conduct testing with clients on-site as well as recommending improvements through ownership and review of the test development life cycle process
• Complete weekly, monthly and quarterly checklists of key systems within the WPR suites across the BCC estate
• Ensure the highest standards are maintained to continually improve the service given to other departments and customers
Skills and Experience required:
• Demonstrable ability to design and plan, implement and configure and administer & maintain complex TCP/IP network based cross platform DR voice and HA data solutions
• Solid demonstrable experience with Cisco CLI switching and routing
• Exposure to Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity methodologies with a sound understanding of the main concepts of Workplace Recovery and Continuation of Business practices
• Hands on experience of TCP/IP, DHCP, SSH, Telnet / FTP, Serial/Console configurations in (*)nix distros
• Hands on experience of PC and server boot mechanisms. BIOS configuration
• Hands on experience of PC and server hardware maintenance
• Hands on experience of configuration, setup and administration of Enterprise Telephony (TDM and VoIP) using Elastix Asterisks systems
In addition to the opportunity to be based in our newly refurbished offices in South Gyle - and developing your technical skills - you will benefit from a great salary, bonus, pension, private health care, free breakfasts and a fantastic team focussed work environment.